Art Director (Visual Design), Events & Experiences – Remote or Pittsburgh
- Full Time
Deeplocal is seeking an Art Director with a passion for visual design, environmental design, and interactive installations to join our growing creative team.
You will work in our Events & Experiences division with a team of designers, strategists and creatives to lead aesthetic and human-centered design choices on physical interactive projects from concept to delivery for clients such as Google, Nike, Netflix, Twitter, Slack, and others.
You care deeply about design quality—whether it’s the high-level vision or intricate details. You are passionate about forward thinking design, and are steeped in current design and social trends. You are comfortable communicating design decisions to brand clients, internal team members, and fabrication vendors articulately and respectfully.
Candidates for this role must have a portfolio that demonstrates strong strategic thinking as well as physical and visual design skills—including the ability to visualize ideas utilizing mood boards, sketches, and mockups, and applying visual design skills to production-ready assets through illustration, web design, product design, environmental graphics, and more.
You will be translating brand concepts and campaigns into physical activations and products. Examples of past projects include designing the outer shell for a Reese’s Puffs synthesizer, creating kinetic holiday window displays for Microsoft, reimagining Conan O’Brien as a delivery drone, and transforming digital brands into physical spaces, like Google’s Hardware Store.
This position can be based in Pittsburgh, PA or in a remote location. Remote candidates outside of Pittsburgh must be willing to travel for projects and some longer stints at the office as needed.
A portfolio of work is required to be considered for this position.
- Creative Ownership and Decision-making – Maintain the creative concept that was sold through, and always think about how to make it stronger. Work collaboratively with Account and Technical leads as well as Creative Directors to make key decisions during a production.
- Project Direction – Direct the visual and interaction design goals for client projects, and extend clients’ brand guidelines, marketing goals, and style to productions.
- Visual Production and Execution – Contribute to the visual needs of a production and manage other resources, which could be internal or external talent, as needed.
- User Experience Design – Take a high-level concept and design a detailed user experience that meets clients’ goals and aligns with campaign strategy.
- Trends / Technology Knowledge – Tap into culture and stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies.
- Client Collaboration – Lead design discussions with clients and thoroughly explain decisions and processes so that clients not only approve them, but understand why they were made and can share them with colleagues to get further internal buy-in.
- Time Management – Handle multiple projects simultaneously, keeping track of deadlines and self-directing your workload and priorities.
- Problem Solving – Have a sense of ownership over the success of our projects; be a relied-upon team member; be capable of general problem solving when challenges arise.
- Passion for all things design (industrial design, architecture, environmental design, interaction design, and more)
- Hunger to learn new things and to apply design thinking to different problems and briefs
- Experience bringing projects from concept through to production and communicating design choices to clients
- Expertise in visual design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, etc.)
- Bonus: interest or experience in motion design and 3D modeling
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time