Digital Product Designer, Gumband
Deeplocal is seeking a Digital Product Designer to join the team dedicated to designing its next-generation operating system for interactive environments and experiences, called Gumband. If you’ve ever dreamed of designing a market-changing SaaS platform with a cutting-edge UI, this is your opportunity to do so within a world class organization: Deeplocal (a WPP company).
Gumband gives developers and operators of interactive spaces an easy way to control, monitor, and understand the impact of every component of those spaces, no matter how custom. Our user interface provides a secure, cloud-based dashboard for operating spaces in realtime, from anywhere. In 2021, the product was launched and obtained backing from WPP’s Product Innovation Board.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a fully-backed startup within Deeplocal and play a key role in the development of Gumband’s user interface, user experience, and visual identity. We are creating a new product category and looking for individuals with a desire to operate as innovators in an emerging space. The Gumband team also has the benefit of tapping into Deeplocal’s expertise as an interactive experience developer for the world’s top brands (including Google, Nike, Meta, TikTok, and more) and testing the platform firsthand on Deeplocal projects.
Digital Product Designers are accountable for designing feature sets within Gumband’s platform, as well as contributing to the product’s overall design vision.
This position can be based in Pittsburgh, PA or remotely anywhere within the U.S.
- Design responsive, accessible, and user-centered web interfaces, rapidly testing and iterating with wireframes and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain a tokenized design system and design guidelines.
- Collaborate with Gumband’s product team to build a design-led product vision.
- From time to time, this role may include the opportunity to develop Gumband’s brand and assets supporting the product (e.g., developer kits, promotional merch, packaging, web content).
What We’re Looking For
- Portfolio demonstrating successful UX/UI designs for responsive web interfaces
- Excellent visual design skills with a strong understanding of typography & layout
- Experience working with developers to implement digital designs
- A deep understanding of user experience design, HCI principles, and what makes a digital product feel great
- Proficiency with designing and prototyping in Figma
- Experience performing UX research and leveraging user research insights in designs
- Creative thinker who is excited by complex problem-solving, from microinteractions to big-picture product questions
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Learn more at https://www.deeplocal.com/
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Generous Paid Time Off time and Winter Break
- Profit sharing
- WPP Stock Option Plan
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time
The base salary for this position at the time of this posting may range from $60,000 to $140,000. Individual compensation varies based on job related factors, including location, business needs, level of responsibility, experience, and qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package, click here for more details. This role is eligible for bonus compensation.