Rather than a job description, Deeplocal believes in job accountabilities.
While tasks may change from day to day, the ideal candidate must possess the skills necessary to be responsible to the company for the accountabilities of this job.
The Senior Brand Strategist / Planner is held accountable to the responsibilities listed below:
- Research and Ideation - Researching clients’ brands and objectives, and developing insights to support creative ideation during new pitches. Capable of creating clever, integrated concepts that are on brand and on strategy and meet the goals of the client and Deeplocal. Able to invent new ideas that result in successful sell-through on a regular basis.
- Brand Strategy Leadership - Developing marketing strategy decks for clients. Define what and how ideas will be communicated in deck form. Develop a compelling story that incorporates multiple elements that may include: strategy, creative, technology, production, and more. Direct the pitch team during deck creation and provide final approval of quality of all slides in the deck prior to pitch.
- Conceptual and In-Production Direction - Leading a team of creatives from brief to concept—generating campaigns and concepts from scratch. Continue to lead a projection from a marketing perspective on a project when in production.
- Creative Resourcing - Resource creative team for work that is in production. Ensure
- Executional Strategy - Planning, recommending, and implementing multi-platform marketing strategies to meet client goals. Designing multi-platform strategies that may incorporate content strategy, social strategy, influencer strategy, launch strategy, PR strategy, strategic partnerships, and more to increase the chance of executing a successful creative project.
- Creative Execution - Leading a project team—contributing to the output of the team by personally completing deliverables and providing strategic feedback to other members. Ensuring the quality, aesthetics, copy, goals, and strategy of projects are maintained and that the project is launched with a well-designed strategy and user experience that results in maximum ROI .
- Selling Deliverables Through - Leading a creative meeting with existing clients to sell through a deliverable that may combine the efforts from team members (art, copy, technology, strategy).
- Client Buy-in - During the execution of a project, leads the discussion of creative deliverables and is able to thoroughly explain decisions and processes so that clients not only approve them, but understand why they were made and can share them with colleagues to get further internal buy-in.
- Trend / Technology Knowledge - Staying updated with current trends and technologies.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio and advertising agency based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Deeplocal’s team of 50+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos PayWithAPhoto, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Netflix, Google, Nike, and Old Navy.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated loft warehouse in the Strip District and features 20k+ square feet of shop and studio space. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Healthcare Coverage
- Gym Subsidy
- Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Company retreats and trips
- Paid vacation